Soy Cheese Recipe -- How to Make Soy Cheese
Here is our Soy Cheese Recipe. This will enable you to make your own delicious homemade vegetarian cheese. Everyone seems to enjoy this.
We named this Zen Soy Cheese because it is our adaptation of the standard midday meal we have often enjoyed at the Rochester Zen Center in New York State.
[Since we published this page, it has now become available on their website, but in the much, much larger quantities they make to serve their many lunchtime visitors.]
As with all our recipes, if they are available, organic ingredients are a healthier choice and the best choice for our planet.
Soy Cheese Recipe Ingredients
For this soy cheese recipe:
Use organic ingredients as far as possible.
How to Make Soy Cheese Recipe: Method
You will need a large pot, medium bowl, large bowl, masher, and a covered container.
1. Remove tofu from packages and drain.
2. Cut the blocks into thirds. Boil them in water for ten minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk all the other ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and all lumps have disappeared.
4. After the tofu has cooked, drain it well for ten minutes (using a colander, clean cloth, or paper towels). Then put it in a large bowl.
5. Mash the tofu until it has an even texture that is close to the texture of cottage cheese. Be careful not to leave lumps too large or to mash too finely.
6. Add the other ingredient mixture to the tofu. Stir well. Refrigerate (at least) seven hours until thoroughly chilled.
This recipe will yield about 7 cups. The food counts are listed as follows:
Total calories / grams of proteins / grams of carbs / grams of fat (grams of saturated facts, if any).
Carbs listed are "net."
Approximate food counts per ½ cup serving: 192 / 11.6 / 13 / 11 (2)
Serving suggestions: serve with a large green salad for a cold (quick!), nutritious, delicious meal. As stated earlier, this delicious recipe is a standard midday meal option at the Rochester Zen Center in upstate New York. We reduced its quantities for our version.
It you want the quantities published on the RZC website, here are the original large quantities for this soy cheese recipe: 10 lbs. tofu, 1 cup soy or dairy milk powder, 1/3 cup canola oil, 1 T salt, 1 ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 ½ cup tamari, 1 ¼ cup tahini, and 1 ¼ cup honey.
This completes this recipe.
Book Suggestions for Healthy Eating Recipes
The books are available at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk usually in Kindle and paperback form, and sometimes as hardbacks. If you enjoyed the soy cheese recipe page, these books are excellent further reading.
On most pages of our website, we aim to recommend the very best books available according to the topic of each page. We endeavor to make the best suggestions based on experience and our many years of work and research in the fields of health and fitness. We suggest only books that we have read and can wholly commend.