Low Carb Chicken Recipe | Easy Healthy | 2 0ptions:
The best, most natural chicken is organic. If possible, use organic free-range chicken.
This recipe yields four servings. Just increase or decrease the ingredient quantities if more or fewer portions are required.
When making this for just one or two people, casually serve as a chicken and asparagus stir-fry or sauté. When making this for several people we like to make it more traditional and bring it in the heated casserole dish to the table and serve from there.
This meal can be eaten fresh or, to save time, cooked the day before and then thoroughly reheated.
Low carb chicken recipe ingredients
Low carb chicken recipe method
(1) Heat the oil in large skillet.
(2) Add the 1-inch chicken pieces and stir-fry, turning for about 2 minutes, or until lightly browned then put in a covered bowl to keep warm.
(3) To the large skillet add the onion, asparagus, ginger matchsticks, minced garlic, mushrooms, zucchini (courgette), eggplant (aubergine), and green pepper and continue to stir-fry occasionally stirring for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
(4) At the same time, in a separate pan add some of the oil, the tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley and black pepper occasionally stirring until mixed. Simmer gently for until the liquid has reduced.
(5) When cooked, sample all and add salt according to taste and more pepper if needed.
(6) (Serving options 1 and 2): add all the cooked ingredients to a hot casserole dish to bring to the table for serving as a low carb chicken and asparagus casserole; alternatively, spread the chicken and asparagus on a flatter warmed dish to present as a stir-fry, with the lovely sauce poured over.
(7) Whichever way presented, garnish the top of the cooked ingredients with freshly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves.
(8) Other options if presented as a casserole, serve with a cooked vegetable or two such as low carb baby spinach or broccoli. If presented as a stir-fry serve of a bed of grated, cooked cauliflower rice.
This is an easy healthy recipe and a reasonably low carb meal. Approximate food counts (per serving):
398 calories, 24 grams proteins, 22 grams carbs, 26 grams fats.
Please note that this chicken dish is 22 grams of carbohydrate. If you are limiting yourself to 25 grams of carbohydrate per day, the rest of your meals should be mainly protein on any day that you eat this dish on a non-cheat day.
Web pages to help you further
Recommended books for the low carb chicken recipe oage
The books are available at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk usually in Kindle and paperback form, and sometimes as hardbacks. If you enjoyed the reading about the low carb chicken recipe, whether as chicken and asparagus stir-fry or chicken and asparagus casserole, these books are further reading suggestions for health.
On most pages of our website, we aim to recommend the very best books available according to the topic of each page. We endeavor to make the best suggestions based on experience and our many years of work and research in the fields of health and fitness. We suggest only books that we have read and can wholly commend